We Make You Bake (aka Take n Bake) Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap. Place your Double D's pizza and supplied baking tray on the center rack of your oven. Make sure the center rack is placed 6 to 8 inches from the bottom of the oven.
- Baking time is 12 to 20 minutes due to variations in pizza thickness and ovens.
- A Double D's pizza is perfectly baked when the crust & bottom are a nutty brown and the cheese slowly bubbles in the center of the pizza. Check the bottom of the pizza by lifting the edge with a spatula.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes before cutting it into slices.
- The baking tray provided with your pizza is to be used ONE TIME ONLY.
- The baking tray may discolor during baking. This is normal.
Best practices for a perfect pizza
- Refrigerate/freeze your pizza as soon as possible if you are not immediately going to bake it. We recommend baking a refrigerated pizza within 3 days.
- Remember to preheat your oven before you start or the pizza won’t cook correctly.
- Bake only one pizza at a time and rotate for a consistent bake.
- Make sure the baking tray does not touch the back or sides of the oven.
- For an even crispier bottom crust, slide the pizza directly onto the oven rack for the last few minutes of baking time.
- Not all ovens cook the same. Please watch your pizza carefully until you get a feel for the correct cooking time for your particular oven.
- Make sure you have all the necessary equipment before you begin. We provide the baking tray. You will need oven mitts/potholders, a spatula for checking the bottom of the pizza crust, and a pizza cutter or a large knife or scissors to slice the pizza after it’s cooked.